3.28.2013

Sew cute!

 
More goodness from My Mind's Eye line from my design team projects this month at The Scrapbooking Studio.
 
This is a little pincushion I made, which was inspired by all the cute stick pins that come with this line.  I had seen a pumpkin done this way in a magazine and decided to try it for the classic tomato style of a pincushion.  I cut the paper into half inch strips and curled them slightly, folded them flat in the middle to form the base and then stuck them together until I felt like I had enough.  The top I cut freehand using a real pincushion as a guide.
 
Then I used the wooden buttons that came with this line to form a spool and rolled up paper to stick between the buttons as "thread". 
 
















 
 

This card could be used for a birthday or congratulations. To make the butterfly, I used the negative portion of one of the butterfly stickers. (I kept using butterflies on everything so I had to improvise.) I cut it out roughly, stuck it to the cardstock and then cut around it with detailed scissors.










No comments:

Post a Comment