7.09.2012

Way back in 1951

I was flipping through an old photography book of my Dad's a few weeks ago and a little surprise fell out of the book.  It was a write up my Dad had done about a camera of his that he had purchased "way back in 1951": an Argus C-3.  It detailed all the different places his camera had gone with him: college, the army, his wedding/honeymoon, and the first baby pictures of yours truly.

I thought this was so neat, I decided to make a layout about the camera with notes from his write up.  I used Crate Paper's Story Teller line from The Scrapbooking Studio.  (I was inspired by a layout created by Crate Paper designer, Jaime Warren.)

I went a little crazy with my layering, but I was really liking the effect of using all the little journaling cards that come with this line.  I also used the new mistable canvas cameras from Studio Calico.  (So cute!)   It doesn't look quite this busy in person because you're missing the texture and depth of the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment