7.05.2012

Picnic anyone?

I'm super excited to share the altered project I made for this month's Scrapbooking Studio design team.  One of the lines I got was Authentique Carefree, which had a ton of cute picnic themed stickers and paper. 

The plaid paper below inspired me to make a little picnic scene.  I crinkled it gently and then smoothed it out to make it look like fabric and then I cut a fringe around the edge to make it look like a blanket. 

Then I made the little picnic basket from cardstock.  Mind you I have never taken a basket weaving class or anything like that. I just plunged ahead and hoped for the best.  I cut strips of paper in quarter inch strips, formed 6 or so concentric rounded corner rectangles and then wove strips in and out to make the basket weave.  Then I made a little lid and some handles and cut some trim up to make it look like a basket liner. 

Then I placed all the picnic related word stickers in a collage and added a couple flowers to balance the basket. 

It's not perfect by any means, but it is SO CUTE!!!!  : )



No comments:

Post a Comment