10.13.2010

How to Create Scratch off Reveal

Chances are you've seen an instant lottery ticket where you scratch away a silvery film covering the numbers.  You can create a similar scratch off effect on your projects!  I just saw this tip in my Scrapbooks, Etc. magazine (page 46) and I had to share.

Mix two parts silver paint with one part dishwashing soap and paint the mixture onto clear contact paper. When the paint dries, cut the contact paper into strips, peel off the backing, and adhere to your project covering whatever you want to reveal when it is scratched away.  Way cool! 

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see a picture of this! Can I do this at the November birthday crop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! I can bring the magazine article in to show you. We won't be demonstrating this technique at the Nov. crop, but you are welcome to bring the supplies with you and try it out while you're there.

    ReplyDelete